My Music History

August 02, 2013


I've ALWAYS wanted to have some pictures with my guitar. Maybe it's due to the fact that I see all these amazing photos on the internet of musicians. On the other hand, it may be due to the fact that the pictures I have with my other instruments are not very good. Exhibit A and B:


They look great, don't they? The first instrument I learned was the piano followed by the trombone, making guitar the third. Oh gosh, the trombone. I chose that instrument in band because I thought it was the coolest thing ever. I mean, you get to play notes using a slide. I had music teachers who taught me the first two instruments but the guitar was something I learned on my own.

Dress: Winners (One Clothing) // Belt: Hong Kong // Sandals: Spring

The bubbles on the pick guard are just plastic by the way. I can assure you that guitar is one of the easiest instruments to learn on your own. Once you get the hang of knowing where to place your fingers for simple chords and learning how to strum, you're all set!

The ability to learn guitar on my own is something I thank God for. The best part is that I am able to serve Him through worship while doing what I love to do. I have been able to do so in my high school fellowship and church a couple of times. However, this is not the ministry that I feel called to at the moment. I definitely don't want to play because I want to show people how "well" I can play (I sadly have that mentality sometimes) but because I want to do it for it's sole purpose. When He needs me, I'll be glad to serve. I'm more of a behind-the-scenes person anyways, which is why I love doing A/V instead!

Galatians 1:10

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Just wondering... who takes the photos for you? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both Ponina and Joanna have taken them, but Joanna has been taking the past few including this post :)

      Delete
  2. I've always loved the sound of a guitar. It's something magical when I hear it. I'm a new fan from Aloha Friday! I'd like to invite you a bog party I host every weekend. Hope to see you there :)

    Jessica
    The Wondering Brain

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, gosh...Orchestra pictures never look good because of the horrible dresses or blouse and pants they make you wear! Mine always looked awful. I like the Bible verse you included! I needed that now.
    -Anna
    Makeup 'n More By Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admire you girl! I don't think you're giving yourself enough credit! Playing any instrument is tough (let alone playing three)! I tried to pick up the ukulele, but I didn't have the patience to learn it or the coordination and eventually gave up! You are so talented! Keep up the great work and always keep music close to your heart! It's such a great hobby to have:)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute dress, and lovely pics of you with the guitar! :)

    It does take some talent to master different instruments! :)


    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete