Operation Christmas Child

November 07, 2013


Christmas is about to roll in (less than 2 months?!) and I've been excitedly waiting to talk about this awesome charity project by Samaritan's Purse. Operation Christmas Child is a yearly project whose main purpose is to share God's great love. It started in the '90s and people participate worldwide to pack shoeboxes full of items to gift to children in developing countries. Everyone should experience the joy, hope, warmth, and love that Christmas is supposed to bring!




As it says on their brochure, "Each shoebox communicates the simple message of God's love to the child who receives it. Operation Christmas Child also opens doors for Samaritan's Purse to provide further assistance such as water filters, feeding programs, and medical care to children, their families, and their communities."

I think this is a great way to be able to make someone smile. Even though I won't be able to see the time they receive the gift, I know that the shoebox I packed is in the hands of an awesome child. This has been a project that I have loved participating in. While this may not be the type of thing for everyone to do, I encourage you to take a look at their website for more information.

If you are interested, take a look at the website also to see what you need to do to get that shoebox packed! There are a few things that you can pack that you are bound to have at home, and additional items won't cost too much! There will be a shipping cost but it isn't too expensive. You will also need to find a collection center near your home so that your shoebox can be shipped.

CLICK HERE to head over to their website. SPREAD THE SMILE :D

Here is a bible verse that I really like. This is something I like to remember when doing things like these, that I'm doing it for the right reasons: Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.  - 2 Corinthians 9:7

And here's a "throwback thursday" to 2010 with all the shoeboxes at my church waiting to be filled!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I just discovered this organization earlier today and I will be sending 2 boxes!...can't wait to give to those in need! :) x

    ReplyDelete