Midi Wrap Dress Project

September 17, 2019


For the second wedding of the season, the atmosphere was more casual so the wrap dress was the perfect style for it. The wrap dress is one of my favourite dress styles these past years so I wanted to take on the challenge of making my own. To say this project was hard is an understatement - it was difficult! I made a lot of errors along the way but learned new techniques through the process.

My fabric cost about $12.50 for 2.5 metres. It is 100% polyester and labelled as the colour "paprika". I doubled up on each layer to ensure no transparency except for the sleeves. I also used one of my own wrap dresses to trace the pieces out.

Unfortunately, I once again don't have any solo pictures of me in wearing the dress. I hope these pictures give a good enough visualization as to what the final dress looked like. One highlight of this wedding was that they had puppies present, so you can enjoy those pictures instead!

Tutorials used:
Link 1Link 2




You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. What a beautiful dress! you're so talented! I love the puppies too - never been to a wedding with puppies before but I like it! :)


    Hope that you are having a great weekend :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete