Wool Coat Project

March 21, 2020


I am very happy with the result of this sewing project!! I became very drawn to the wool coat trend around the end of fall last year, in part because of the Korean dramas I've been watching. I went on the hunt all over the city for a light grey wool fabric; to my surprise, it was extremely hard to find. In the end, I found the fabric I needed downtown but it came at a cost.

Overall, this project did not save me money, but it taught me a lot of new techniques that I didn't know before. Additionally, the pride and satisfaction I gained from successfully creating my own wool jacket is priceless!

Costs:
- Wool: ~$118 for 3.25 yd (~2.9 m) - I ended up using just under 3 yd
- Lining: ~$22 for 2.5 m - I ended up using around 2 m. Material was called "Bridal Satin"
- Fusible Interfacing: ~$18 for 2 m
- Thread: ~$3
- Buttons: free, extra buttons at home
- Pattern: ~$20 CAD, linked below
- TOTAL: $181 for materials - since I had extra material leftover, the approximate total in materials that I actually used was ~$168

Pattern:
Oliver and S


You Might Also Like

0 comments