Angel Hair for Kids

August 25, 2013


Hair donation is something I've been wanting to do for a few years now. I actually haven't heard about hair donations until my time in high school when a few of my classmates donated their hair and when my school hosted a few hair donating events. I was like, "wow, that is something I want to participate in!" So for the past year, I've been growing my hair to get it to the length it was.

I don't think we realize how important hair is to us. First, it keeps our head warm by insulating it and it keeps our head cool when sweat evaporates from wet hair. Second, it is used to seemingly define who we are physically. Without it, it almost changes the image of who we are. In a sense, hair holds part of our self-esteem. Look how easily our appearance and attitudes change with different hairstyles.

The children are going through so much at the moment that I would be happy to take away one of their problems. With a donation, my hope is that I can help spread a smile across a child's face. I've decided to donate to Angel Hair for Kids because I admire their goals as an organization for the kids going through hair loss. This is another blessing I overlook in life. I am thankful that I am able to grow my hair healthy and I didn't realize until recently that not everyone is blessed with what I have. I am happy that I am able to share that with someone else who needs it more than I do.

In 2 Corinthians 9:6-7, it says: Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.


To read more about Angel Hair for Kids, click HERE

To read more about why I chose to participate, click HERE



Here is my final transformation! A total of about 14 inches was cut off :)

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I love your short hair! I've been thinking about doing this too but I still need to grow out my hair more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to do this! Such a noble cause!! Tara from Penniless Socialite sent me!

    ReplyDelete