Baby Soft Blocks Project

May 02, 2021

This is another sewing project I made for my nephew. I have a bunch of fabric scraps (and I'm sure almost everyone who sews also has a stash) and I was trying to find a way to use them up. I browsed through Pinterest and saw a couple pins about making blocks like the ones you see above. The great thing about baby projects is that they use much less fabric so it's a great way to use up some scraps.


Materials:
- Fabric scraps - I used mixture of cotton, polyester, and linen
- Thread
- Polyester filling

For each block, I cut out a 6 fabric squares, each 3 inch by 3 inch in size. I sewed 4 together right sides together to make a tube with a seam allowance of 1/4 inch. I then sewed the bottom piece on to the bottom of the tube. For the top piece, I sewed 3 sides, and about 1/2 inch on each end of the 4th side. I flipped the cube inside out, stuffed with polyester filling, and hand sewed the opening closed.

I've seen variations of this project where tags are sewn into some of the sides, which may be easier for a baby to hold onto. These blocks are light, washable, squishable, and stackable. Hopefully my nephew will enjoy these in the future!

You Might Also Like

0 comments